Bachcare Guest Terms and Conditions
1. Booking confirmation
Thank you for visiting www.bachcare.co.nz (the Website). By making a booking request for a property on the Website you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (Terms).
If you make a booking request through the Website, Bachcare Limited (Bachcare) will contact you within two working days to advise confirmation or non-acceptance of the booking request. Acceptance will be at Bachcare's sole discretion.
Should Bachcare not accept a booking request, Bachcare will refund any accommodation costs, bond and booking fee paid by you. (The money will leave Bachcare immediately upon cancellation but can take up to 5 working days for your credit card provider / bank to return to your account.)
2. Booking Periods and Minimum Nights
- A booking that includes 31st December must start by 27 December, when practical, and be for a minimum of 9 consecutive nights.
- A booking that starts between 1 January and 10 January inclusive must be for a minimum of 7 consecutive nights and be back-to-back. (If a booking request is submitted after 1 January for stays from 1 January, a 2-night booking may be accepted).
- A booking that includes Easter, Whangamata Beach Hop and War Birds over Wanaka must be for a minimum of 3 night.
- A booking over Ohakune Mardi Gras should be for a minimum of three nights and not exceed 8 adults (and may include a double bond).
- A booking that includes 25 December must start on or before 24 December and end on or after 26 December.
- A booking for a property in Queenstown/ Wanaka/ Southern Lakes or Ohakune/ Tongariro National Park that includes a weekend during the July or September / October school holidays must be for consecutive weekend nights.
At all other times a two consecutive night minimum stay applies, except where a specific property listing requires a longer minimum.
Should a booking request not be accepted due to minimum nights not being met, the booking fee will not be refunded.
Reduced nights may be considered within 2 weeks of the Holiday periods.
3. Persons on Booking and Maximum Persons
Bookings must not exceed the maximum number of people specified on the property listing, regardless of the number of beds available at the property.
Should the booking request not be accepted due to the number of persons in the group exceeding the maximum allowed on the property and / or the time period, any monies collected from the proposed rental guest will be refunded less the non refundable booking fee of $30 inclusive GST.
Between 27 December and 8 January inclusive no more than 6 adults may stay at the property. When a property allows a maximum greater than 6, these persons can be children 12 years old or under.
The booking is valid for the number of persons and group configuration as indicated on the booking request. Any changes to the booking should be communicated to and agreed by the Bachcare Support Office, in writing, so as to ensure the booking remains valid.
4. Cancellations and booking changes
- If the booking is cancelled by the rental guest or reduced nights requested before the start of the tenancy, any accommodation costs and booking fee paid shall be forfeited with no refund due.
- If you cancel the booking after the final payment due date, you remain liable for the balance of funds due for the tenancy.
- Should Bachcare be able to re-rent the days cancelled or reduced, Bachcare will refund the applicable monies paid for the nights re-rented, less a 15% + GST administration fee. The guest is responsible for contacting the Bachcare Support Office no later than 21 days after the original commencement of the canceled or reduced booking to ascertain eligibility for a re-rental refund.
- Premature departure during a booking will not be eligible for any refunds.
Please note that Bachcare offers Travel Cancellation Insurance, which
can be purchased at the time you make your booking. This will protect
you and your group for a range of unforeseen situations. Please see
further details when you make your booking.
5. Person making the booking present for stay
You, as the person making the booking, must be present and onsite at the property throughout the stay, unless agreed in writing by the Bachcare Support Office.
6. Rent and Bond
A 30% deposit and non-refundable booking fee are payable to Bachcare by credit card at the time of submitting the booking request. The credit card used at the time of the booking request will be charged for further payments.
The balance of rent and bond are due:
- 45 days prior to a stay beginning between 18 December and 31 January;
- 30 days prior to the start of any other stay.
The bond will be refunded within seven working days of the end of your stay provided that:
- the property is left neat and tidy and in the same condition in which it was found;
- no items need repair or replacement; and
- there has been no other breach of these Terms.
Rates for a Property are valid and applicable at the time of booking, regardless of whether they are subsequently changed. Additional rates may appear under the special conditions of a specific property, which will apply in addition to the nightly rental rate.
7. Key Collection and property access
You should contact your holiday manager at least two hours prior to your arrival to ensure the property is opened, cleaned, and ready for your arrival.
8. Check in and out time
Check in time: 2.00pm Check out time: 11.00am
Final confirmation of early check-ins and late checkouts will not be available until the day of the arrival or checkout depending on other bookings for the property.
If an early arrival or late checkout is permitted, a surcharge of 25% of the nightly rental rate will be payable. Departures after 5.00pm will be charged a full night's rental.
9. Cleaning and rubbish
The property must be left clean and tidy and in the same condition in which it was found. Otherwise, you will be charged for the extra time required for cleaning.
Bachcare offers a cleaning service at the following rates (+GST):
- $30 per hour for standard cleaning, washing, laundering, except the Southern Lakes area which is $35 per hour
- $45 for abnormal or unreasonable cleaning and odour removal
- $20 plus tip fees for rubbish and recycling removal
Costs will be deducted from the bond.
Unless otherwise agreed, you are responsible for providing sufficient necessities for your stay (i.e. towels, top sheets and bottom sheets, tea towels, bath towels, hand towels, face cloths etc.) Do not sleep on the beds without sheets.
Bachcare can arrange a linen service in certain areas and only where stated on the property listing. The linen package consists of bottom sheet, top sheet, pillow case(s), towel(s), tea towel(s), bathmat and face cloth(s). If linen is ordered, the beds will be made up for your arrival and the linen will be removed from the beds after your departure.
Linen is available at a rate of $25 per person, inclusive of GST, for stays up to 6 days. A second set of linen will be provided for bookings of 7 days or more at a cost of $17 per person, inclusive of GST. A linen servicing can be organised at a rate of $30 + GST per hour for a Bachcare representative to changes the beds and all linen. Hire linen can not be washed onsite, but the additional linen package can be ordered.
Bachcare cannot guarantee availability of the linen package if a request is made inside 5 working days before the start of the stay. Cancellations for the hired linen service requires 5 working days to the Support Office, in writing and confirmed, for any refunds to be available.
Beach towels or additional linen can be hired. Please enquire with Bachcare Support Office for additional costs.
Should you use any of the owner's personal linen the laundering costs per clause 9 will apply.
11. Additional Services and Charges
Additional charges (+GST) will be payable as follows:
Costs will be deducted from the bond or credit card used to make the booking.
- $26.09 booking fee
- $25 for each booking change
- $20 for up to two pets, if a pet is taken onto the property and the house is pet friendly
- Port-a-cot rental, where available, at a rate of $10 per day or maximum of $40 per week
- High-chair rental, where available, at a rate of $5 per day or maximum of $25 per week
- $12.50 if your credit card is declined when Bachcare attempts to charge your credit card for the final payment. Failure to update your credit card details could also result in cancellation of your booking and loss of your deposit and booking fee.
- $30 for lost keys, $25 each for lost / damaged Welcome Guide or Discover Pack
- $30 per hour to organise third parties to rectify a situation or $45 per hour if holiday manager has to conduct remedial work themselves at the house to sort out issues arising from stay
- Missing linen at replacement cost
- Handling fee of 14% of the cost of repair or replacement of damaged or missing items
- Debt collection and legal fees incurred in the collection of unpaid charges
- Interest on any overdue accounts at the variable interest rate of Westpac Bank from the due date of the invoice until payment is received.
12. Other Rules
In addition to anything else stated in these Terms, a breach of the following rules will result in bond forfeiture, possible eviction from the property and/or up to $1,000 being charged per occurrence:
- Pitching of caravans or tents on the property without the written consent of the Bachcare Support Office.
- Parties, events, weddings, receptions, stag / hen festivities without the written consent of the Bachcare Support Office.
- Smoking on the property unless permitted by the property listing.
- Abuse, including verbal or physical, of Bachcare representatives, the owner or its representatives or the neighbours.
- Undue nuisance or noise to neighbours or the local community.
- Use of illegal substances or conduct of illegal activities at the property
- Anything that could invalidate the insurance policy for the property.
- Moving or re-arranging furniture.
- Cutting keys or obtaining remote door controls for the property.
- Tampering with smoke alarms.
- Leaving a fireplace unattended.
- Booking on behalf of another person without intending to be at the property during the stay.
Should you be evicted from the property, all amounts paid will be forfeited and the holiday manager may remain on-site at the property as you ready for departure.
Water is a precious resource in many of our holiday destinations. Many properties are only on tank water, with no public town supply. You must be careful with water usage. Bachcare may charge excessive water usage back to you. Washing boats, jet ski's, kayaks, and other water toys is not permitted, unless agreed in writing by the Bachcare Support Office. Should the water run out within 7 days of your departure due to excessive water usage, you may be liable for the cost of the tank refill.
14. Reporting a complaint
Should you have any issues with the property during your stay, you should notify the holiday manager immediately. If you cannot reach your holiday manager or you are not satisfied with the resolution with the holiday manager, you should contact Bachcare Support Office on 09 361 1550 or the Bachcare after hours urgent care on 0274 695 295 8:30am to 8:00pm.
If the property becomes unavailable for any reason after booking request is confirmed, Bachcare may shift you into another property that can accommodate your booking in either the existing community or a nearby community. If this is not possible, Bachcare will cancel the booking and refund the relevant accommodation, bond and booking fee monies paid. None of Bachcare, its holiday manager or the property owner will have any further liability in connection with the unavailability of the property after booking.
16. Business Purposes
The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 does not apply if the property is used for business purposes.
Any use of amenities, such as kayaks, canoes, surf boards, bikes, spa pools, is entirely at your own risk and neither Bachcare nor the property owner will be liable for any injury, loss or damage you or any other person may suffer.
You will advise the Bachcare holiday manager before your departure of any loss or damage that has occurred at the property during your stay. You will be responsible for the full costs, including time of Bachcare and/or the owner and its representatives, of repairing or replacing any damaged or lost items.
None of Bachcare, its agents, contractors or the property owner will be liable for any event beyond their reasonable control, or for any loss or damage you or any other person suffers during your stay, or for any damage to the property.
These Terms are for the benefit of, and are intended to be enforceable by, the Property owner under the Contracts (Privity) Act 1982.