Bachcare Guest Terms and Conditions
1. Booking confirmation
Thank you for visiting www.bachcare.co.nz (the Website). By making a booking request for a property on the Website you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (Terms).
If you make a booking request through the Website, Bachcare Limited (Bachcare) will contact you within two working days to advise confirmation or non-acceptance of the booking request. Acceptance will be at Bachcare's sole discretion.
Should Bachcare not accept a booking request, Bachcare will refund any accommodation costs, bond and booking fee paid by you. (The money will leave Bachcare immediately upon cancellation but can take up to 5 working days for your credit card provider / bank to return to your account.)
2. Booking Periods and Minimum Nights
- A booking that includes 25 December must start on or before 24 December and end on or after 26 December.
- A booking that includes 31st December must start by 27 December,
when practical, and be for a minimum of 9 consecutive nights. (A booking
request for 31 Dec submitted within one week of 31 Dec will be
considered for a lower amount of nights).
- A booking that includes any nights from 1 January through 10 January must be for a minimum of
7 consecutive nights and be back-to-back, or leave a gap of at least 5 nights. (If a booking request is
submitted after 15 December for stays from 1 January, a 2-night booking
may be accepted). A booking from 24 December to 31 December should be back to back or leave a minimum gap of 2 nights.
- A booking that includes Whangamata Beach Hop and War Birds over Wanaka must be for a minimum of 3 night.
- A booking over Ohakune Mardi Gras should be for a minimum of three nights and not exceed 8 adults (and may include a double bond).
- A booking over event / festival dates or holiday periods may require an increased bond.
- A booking over Labour Weekend, regional Anniversary Weekends, and Waitangi Weekend is for three nights, unless specified otherwise. A booking that includes Easter must be for a minimum of four nights.
- A booking for a property in Queenstown/ Wanaka/ Southern Lakes or Ohakune/ Tongariro National Park that includes a weekend during the July or September / October school holidays must be for consecutive weekend nights.
At all other times a two consecutive night minimum stay applies, except where a specific property listing requires a longer minimum.
Reduced nights may be considered within 2 weeks of the Holiday periods.
3. Persons on Booking and Maximum Persons
Bookings must not exceed the maximum number of people specified on the property listing, regardless of the number of beds available at the property.
Should the booking request not be accepted due to the number of persons in the group exceeding the maximum allowed on the property and / or the time period, any monies collected from the proposed rental guest will be refunded less the non refundable booking fee of $30 inclusive GST.
Between 27 December and 8 January inclusive no more than 6 adults may stay at the property. When a property allows a maximum greater than 6, these persons can be children 12 years old or under.
The booking is valid for the number of persons and group configuration as indicated on the booking request. Any changes to the booking should be communicated to and agreed by the Bachcare Support Office, in writing, so as to ensure the booking remains valid.
4. Cancellations and booking changes
- If the booking is cancelled by the rental guest or reduced nights requested before the start of the tenancy, any accommodation costs and booking fee paid shall be forfeited with no refund due.
- If you cancel the booking after the final payment due date, you remain liable for the balance of funds due for the tenancy.
- Should Bachcare be able to re-rent the days cancelled or reduced, Bachcare will refund the applicable monies paid for the nights re-rented, less a 15% + GST administration fee. The guest is responsible for contacting the Bachcare Support Office no later than 21 days after the original commencement of the canceled or reduced booking to ascertain eligibility for a re-rental refund.
- Premature departure during a booking will not be eligible for any refunds.
Please note that Bachcare offers Travel Cancellation Insurance, which
can be purchased at the time you make your booking. This will protect
you and your group for a range of unforeseen situations. Please see
further details when you make your booking.
5. Person making the booking present for stay
You, as the person making the booking, must be present and onsite at the property throughout the stay, unless agreed in writing by the Bachcare Support Office.
6. Rent and Bond Full payment is due at the time of submitting the booking request, via credit card or debit card payment.
The bond will be refunded within seven working days of the end of your stay provided that the property is left neat and tidy and in the same condition in which it was found; no items need repair or replacement; and there has been no other breach of these Terms.
For domestic guests, the option exists to pay a 30% deposit and the non-refundable service fee in our deferred payment option, with balance of rent and bond payable by the credit card 45 days prior to stay on the card used at the
time of the booking request will be charged for further payments.
Rates for a Property are valid and applicable at the time of booking, regardless of whether they are subsequently changed. Additional rates may appear under the special conditions of a specific property, which will apply in addition to the nightly rental rate. Rate Specials are only valid at the time a booking and must be applied at time booking is made. Weekday specials refer to Sunday nights through Thursday nights.
7. Key Collection and property access
Contact your holiday manager at least two hours prior to your arrival to ensure the property is opened, cleaned, and ready for your arrival.
8. Check in and out time
Check in time: 2.00pm Check out time: 11.00am, except during the period 24 December to 21 January when check in time will be 3:00pm and Check out time is 10:00am.
Final confirmation of early check-ins and late checkouts will not be available until the day of the arrival or checkout depending on other bookings for the property.
If an early arrival or late checkout is permitted, a surcharge of 25% of the nightly rental rate will be payable. Departures after 5.00pm will be charged a full night's rental.
9. Cleaning and rubbish
The property must be left clean and tidy and in the same condition in which it was found. Otherwise, you will be charged for the extra time required for cleaning.
Bachcare offers a cleaning service at the following rates (+GST):
- $35 per hour for standard cleaning, washing, laundering
- $45 for abnormal or unreasonable cleaning and odour removal
- $20 plus tip fees for rubbish and recycling removal
If you have booked the prepaid cleaning, this is based on the number of hours indicated when you selected the pre-paid cleaning option. Pre-paid cleans are non-refundable. Any unreasonable cleaning and rubbish removal beyond this amount will be charged to you as an additional charge based on the additional time taken.
If the selected property has cleaning included in the nightly rate, there will be a number of hours of cleaning included as per the Special Conditions on the specific property listing. Any cleaning beyond this time or any unreasonable cleaning and rubbish removal will be charged to you as an
additional charge based on the additional time taken.
Costs will be deducted from the bond.
Unless otherwise agreed or included in the nightly rental rate as indicated on the property listing, you are responsible for providing sufficient necessities for your stay (i.e. towels, top sheets and bottom sheets, tea towels, bath towels, hand towels, face cloths etc.) Do not sleep on the beds without sheets.
Bachcare can arrange a linen service in certain areas and only where stated on the property listing. The linen package consists of bottom sheet, top sheet, pillow case(s), towel(s), tea towel(s), bathmat and face cloth(s). If linen is ordered, the beds will be made up for your arrival and the linen will be removed from the beds after your departure. The linen service would be provided to all adults and children in the booking group.
Linen is available at a rate of $25 - $35 per person (area dependent), inclusive of GST, for stays up to 6 days, unless stated higher. An additional set of linen will be provided for each successive set of 7 nights or part thereof, at a discount of $5 per person per linen set. Rates will be displayed during time of booking.
A linen servicing can be organised at a rate of $30 + GST per hour for a Bachcare representative to changes the beds and all linen. Hire linen can not be washed onsite, but the additional linen package can be ordered.
Bachcare cannot guarantee availability of the linen package if a request is made inside 10 working days before the start of the stay. Cancellations for the hired linen service requires 10 working days to the Support Office, in writing and confirmed, for any refunds to be available.
Beach towels or additional linen can be hired. Please enquire with Bachcare Support Office for additional costs.
Should you use any of the owner's personal linen the laundering costs per clause 9 will apply.
11. Additional Services and Charges
Additional charges (+GST) will be payable as follows:
Costs will be deducted from the bond or credit card used to make the booking.
- $26.09 booking fee
- $25 for each booking change
- $20 for up to two pets, if a pet is taken onto the property and the house is pet friendly
- Port-a-cot rental, where available, at a rate of $10 per day or maximum of $40 per week
- High-chair rental, where available, at a rate of $5 per day or maximum of $25 per week
- $12.50 if your credit card is declined when Bachcare attempts to charge your credit card for the final payment. Failure to update your credit card details could also result in cancellation of your booking and loss of your deposit and booking fee.
- $30 for lost keys, $25 each for lost / damaged Welcome Guide or Discover Pack
- $30 per hour to organise third parties to rectify a situation or $45 per hour if holiday manager has to conduct remedial work themselves at the house to sort out issues arising from stay
- Missing linen at replacement cost
- Handling fee of 14% of the cost of repair or replacement of damaged or missing items
- Debt collection and legal fees incurred in the collection of unpaid charges
- Interest on any overdue accounts at the variable interest rate of Westpac Bank from the due date of the invoice until payment is received.
12. Other Rules to 'Respect the House'
In addition to anything else stated in these Terms, a breach of the following rules will result in bond forfeiture, possible eviction from the property and/or up to $1,000 being charged per occurrence:
- Pitching of caravans or tents on the property without the written consent of the Bachcare Support Office.
- Parties, events, weddings, receptions, stag / hen festivities without the written consent of the Bachcare Support Office. Parties includes extra persons not authorised by Bachcare.
- Excess people above the maximum, not authorised by Bachcare Support Office in writing.
- Smoking on the property unless permitted by the property listing.
- Abuse, including verbal or physical, of Bachcare representatives, the owner or its representatives or the neighbours.
- Undue nuisance or noise to neighbours or the local community.
- Use of illegal substances or conduct of illegal activities at the property
- Anything that could invalidate the insurance policy for the property.
- Moving or re-arranging furniture.
- Cutting keys or obtaining remote door controls for the property.
- Tampering with smoke alarms.
- Leaving a fireplace unattended.
- Booking on behalf of another person without intending to be at the property during the stay.
- Bringing a pet onsite when unauthorised, or inside the house if the house only allows pets outside.
Should you be evicted from the property, all amounts paid will be forfeited and the holiday manager may remain on-site at the property as you ready for departure. In the instance of eviction, a mandatory exit clean will be provided by your holiday manager and will be charged, to the booking credit card holder, at the rate of $35 + GST per hour.
Water is a precious resource in many of our holiday destinations. Many properties are only on tank water, with no public town supply. You must be careful with water usage. Bachcare may charge excessive water usage back to you. Washing boats, jet ski's, kayaks, and other water toys is not permitted, unless agreed in writing by the Bachcare Support Office. Should the water run out within 7 days of your departure due to excessive water usage, you may be liable for the cost of the tank refill.
14. Reporting a complaint
Should you have any issues during your stay, you should notify the holiday manager immediately. If you cannot reach your holiday manager or you are not satisfied with the resolution with the holiday manager, you should contact Bachcare Support Office on 09 307 1550 or the Bachcare after hours urgent care on 0274 695 295 8:30am to 8:00pm.
If the property becomes unavailable for any reason after booking request is confirmed, Bachcare may shift you into another property that can accommodate your booking in either the existing community or a nearby community. If this is not possible, Bachcare will cancel the booking and refund the relevant accommodation, bond and booking fee monies paid. None of Bachcare, its holiday manager or the property owner will have any further liability in connection with the unavailability of the property after booking.
16. Business Purposes
The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 does not apply if the property is used for business purposes.
Any use of amenities, such as kayaks, canoes, surf boards, bikes, spa pools, is entirely at your own risk and neither Bachcare nor the property owner will be liable for any injury, loss or damage you or any other person may suffer.
You will advise the Bachcare holiday manager before your departure of any loss or damage that has occurred at the property during your stay.
You will be responsible for the full costs, both direct and consequential, including time of Bachcare and/or the owner and its representatives, of repairing or replacing any damaged or lost items, lost income or other costs incurred by Bachcare and /or the owner and its representatives as result of breaches to this agreement.
None of Bachcare, its agents, contractors or the property owner will be liable for any event beyond their reasonable control, or for any loss or damage you or any other person suffers during your stay, or for any damage to the property.
18. Prices and PaymentsAll prices displayed on this website are in New Zealand Dollars and may be changed at any time without notice. Bachcare is a NZ owned company. Booking and payment for the accommodation must be made by a valid credit or debit card on www.bachcare.co.nz, using Visa or Mastercard. For your security, Bachcare does not hold your credit card details on file and therefore they must be entered at the time of each booking through www.bachcare.co.nz. Your payment is processed through DPS (trading as Payment Express Ltd).
Bachcare acts as Agent for the accommodation owner. These Terms are
for the benefit of, and are intended to be enforceable by, the Property
owner under the Contracts (Privity) Act 1982.