‘Bachcare’ is the entity running the promotional activity and is part of Bachcare Limited.
The ‘Promoter’ is Bachcare.
‘Disqualified Participants’ are:
- all Bachcare employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their Immediate Families;
- all people under the age of 18 years
- all people outside of New Zealand
Win back the price of your qualifying holiday home booking, including linen and cleaning fees if included in the original booking, up to the value of $5000.
Properties that qualify for the promotion can be found on the following URL: https://www.bachcare.co.nz/bach-to-basics
- All qualified holiday home bookings made between 17 May – 30 May 2021, for a stay before 30 September 2021 are entered into the draw.
- Bookings must be made on bachcare.co.nz. Bachcare properties booked through third party platforms are excluded from this promotion.
- By entering the draw entrants agree to receive Bachcare marketing emails (which can be unsubscribed from at any time).
- The promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- The winner will be drawn at random on Wednesday 30 June 2021 and will be notified phone and/or email.
- Reimbursement will be made in full to the winner upon completion of stay.
- If the winner cancels their booking prior to completing stay then they automatically forefit the prize and another winner will be drawn at the Bachcare’s discretion.
- These Promotion or Competition Rules (‘the Rules’) apply to all Bachcare Promotions or Competitions (collectively the ‘Promotion’) conducted by means of any medium – online, radio, print, or a connected device. The Rules may change from time to time.
- If a particular Promotion has specific rules or terms (‘the ‘Specific Rules’) those Specific Rules will apply if there is any inconsistency with the Rules.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Specific Rules registration, entry or vote is limited to 1 per person. Where multiple registrations, entries or votes are acceptable, each must be made separately.
- Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules and the Specific Rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority (for example from the bill payer or owner of a telephone) to enter the Promotion.
- The Promotion is open to New Zealand Residents only. Disqualified Participants may not enter in the Promotion.
- Bachcare reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
- Bachcare reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who Bachcare decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules (including the Specific Rules), gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- By participating, entrants grant Bachcare exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, videos, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
- Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of text or email notification – active, through to and beyond the date of the Promotion’s completion.
- Where the Promotion involves texting, the following apply:
- Standard sms text charges will apply, unless otherwise stated in the Specific Rules and will depend on the entrant’s particular plan or agreement with their phone service provider;
- Any form of automated text message is invalid;
- The telephone number from which the entry was made will be stored in a database. The entrant has a two-business-day period from the time of entry to request removal from the database. If no request is made it is deemed acceptance that the information can be used for future promotion and marketing purposes; and
- Bachcare takes no responsibility for text costs incurred after the Promotion has closed as stipulated in the Specific Rules
Winning the Prize
- Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prize (the ‘Winner’).
- The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Rules or the Specific Rules – if not specified then as determined by the Promoter who shall for this purpose be deemed the judge (the ‘Judge’).
- The Judge’s determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Winner will be notified by email, phone (voice or text), mail or in person and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by Bachcare. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (eg when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone after three attempts or mail sent is returned) the Judge will select another winner. If, after successful notification, the prize is not collected within two months of being announced it will be regarded as forfeit. (Note: 3 attempts to contact the Winner will include individual calls to any numbers provided at the time of entry.)
- Where the Winner is required to claim the prize in person, they must provide proper identification (eg driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate).
- The Winner takes the Prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies Bachcare in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the Prize. Where the Prize has associated terms and conditions the Winner accepts the Prize subject to those terms and conditions and restrictions.
- Where the Prize includes air travel and/or accommodation, either international or domestic (the ‘Travel Prize’):
- the Winner MUST have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and Visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination.
- Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities (including any costs associated with delay, will be the sole responsibility of the Winner).
- The Winner and their travelling companion (if applicable) must travel together at all times. The Winner is responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest international airport for flight departure and from their nearest international airport to their residence upon returning to New Zealand.
- Any changes to travel dates or additional accommodation outside the travel period specified in the Travel Prize details, made by the winner, which incur additional costs, are to be paid by the Travel Prize winner.
- Unless explicitly stated in the Specific Rules, the Winner will be responsible for expenses including, but not limited to, spending money, meals, drinks, transport, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the Travel Prize), gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Travel Prize. The Winner must obtain travel insurance to protect themselves against additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- The Travel Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Travel Prize must be taken as stated in the Specific Rules and no compensation will be payable if the Winner is unable to use the Travel Prize as stated. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Winner is, for whatever reason, unable to travel on a nominated date during this period, whether the failure was due to reasons beyond the Winner’s control or otherwise, then the Winner will forfeit the Travel Prize.
- Bachcare reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
- Bachcare takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, texts with a misspelt keyword, texts to an incorrect shortcode, Force Majeure or otherwise.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law Bachcare will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the prize.
- Where the Prize is to be supplied by an entity outside Bachcare’s control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, Bachcare has no responsibility for the provision of the Prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative Prize or to take legal action to require the Prize supplier to provide the Prize.
- Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- If the Winner does not accept these Terms and Conditions the prize will be forfeited