‘Bachcare’ is the entity running the promotional activity and is part of Bachcare Limited.
The ‘Promoter’ is Bachcare.
‘Disqualified Participants’ are:
- all Bachcare employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their immediate families;
- all people under the age of 18 years
- all people outside of New Zealand
- One winner will win the main prize of:
– 2x Silver ticket double passes (4 tickets total valued at $140) to the Hurricanes vs Rebels game at Sky Stadium in Wellington on Saturday 21 May 2022 at 7:05 pm
– 1x Hurricanes branded hoody (valued at $110)
– 1x Hurricanes Cap (valued at $30)
– Total prize value $280
- Three additional winners will be selected for a runner up prize:
– 1x Silver ticket double pass to the Hurricanes vs Rebels game at Sky Stadium in Wellington on Saturday 21 May 2022 at 7:05 pm per winner (valued at $70 each)
Prize Terms and Conditions
a. Tickets are for the Hurricanes vs Melbourne Rebels game on Saturday 21 May at Sky Stadium in Wellington
b. No transport or accommodation is included in the prize
- The promotion is open from the starting date of 6pm 13 May 2022 until the end date of 16 May 2022 at 12pm.
- Four winners will be selected by a judging panel based on the Facebook comments submitted over the promotional period.
- Eligible entries are defined as all entries made via commenting on the Facebook post with who you would take to the game and why you are the biggest Hurricanes fan.
- 1 winner for the main prize and 3x winners for the runner up prizes will be selected at 1 pm on Monday 16 May, along with 4 runners up in the case of the forfeit of a prize.
- Winners will be sent a private message on 16 May 2022 confirming their selection and be given 48 hours to claim or accept their prize.
- The main prize winner will be required to collect their tickets and merchandise from the Hurricanes vs Melbourne Rebels game on Saturday 21 May at Sky Stadium in Wellington.
- The runner up prize winners will be sent their tickets via email prior to 21.05.2022.
- Accommodation and transport to the game is not included in the prize.
- If a winner is selected but does not confirm their acceptance of the prize within 48 hours of being informed, they will forfeit the prize which will be allocated to the next runner-up.
- These Promotion or Competition Rules (‘the Rules’) apply to all Bachcare Promotions or Competitions (collectively the ‘Promotion’) conducted by means of any medium – online, radio, print, or a connected device. The Rules may change from time to time.
- If a particular Promotion has specific rules or terms (‘the ‘Specific Rules’) those Specific Rules will apply if there is any inconsistency with the Rules.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Specific Rules registration, entry or vote is limited to 1 per person. Where multiple registrations, entries or votes are acceptable, each must be made separately.
- Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules and the Specific Rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority (for example from the bill payer or owner of a telephone) to enter the Promotion.
- The Promotion is open to New Zealand Residents only. Disqualified Participants may not enter in the Promotion.
- Bachcare reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
- Bachcare reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who Bachcare decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules (including the Specific Rules), gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- By participating, entrants grant Bachcare exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, videos, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
- Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of text or email notification – active, through to and beyond the date of the Promotion’s completion.
- Where the Promotion involves texting, the following apply:
- Standard sms text charges will apply, unless otherwise stated in the Specific Rules and will depend on the entrant’s particular plan or agreement with their phone service provider;
- Any form of automated text message is invalid;
- The telephone number from which the entry was made will be stored in a database. The entrant has a two-business-day period from the time of entry to request removal from the database. If no request is made it is deemed acceptance that the information can be used for future promotion and marketing purposes; and
- Bachcare takes no responsibility for text costs incurred after the Promotion has closed as stipulated in the Specific Rules
Winning the Prize
- The person who originally entered the competition will be sent the prize, which is entrusted to them to pass along to the individual they nominated in their entry (The winner).
- The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Rules or the Specific Rules – if not specified then as determined by the Promoter who shall for this purpose be deemed the judge (the ‘Judge’).
- The Judge’s determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner’s behalf. In the event that the Prize specified in the Competition becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- Where the Winner is required to claim the prize in person, they must provide proper identification (eg driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate).
- The Winner takes the Prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies Bachcare and in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the Prize. Where the Prize has associated terms and conditions the Winner accepts the Prize subject to those terms and conditions and restrictions.
- Where the Prize includes air travel and/or accommodation, either international or domestic (the ‘Travel Prize’):
- the Winner MUST have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and Visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination.
- Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities (including any costs associated with delay, will be the sole responsibility of the Winner).
- The Winner and their travelling companion (if applicable) must travel together at all times. The Winner is responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest international airport for flight departure and from their nearest international airport to their residence upon returning to New Zealand.
- Any changes to travel dates or additional accommodation outside the travel period specified in the Travel Prize details, made by the winner, which incur additional costs, are to be paid by the Travel Prize winner.
- Unless explicitly stated in the Specific Rules, the Winner will be responsible for expenses including, but not limited to, spending money, meals, drinks, transport, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the Travel Prize), gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Travel Prize. The Winner must obtain travel insurance to protect themselves against additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- The Travel Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Travel Prize must be taken as stated in the Specific Rules and no compensation will be payable if the Winner is unable to use the Travel Prize as stated. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Winner is, for whatever reason, unable to travel on a nominated date during this period, whether the failure was due to reasons beyond the Winner’s control or otherwise, then the Winner will forfeit the Travel Prize.
- Bachcare reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
- Bachcare takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, texts with a misspelt keyword, texts to an incorrect shortcode, Force Majeure or otherwise.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law Bachcare will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the prize.
- Where the Prize is to be supplied by an entity outside Bachcare’s control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, Bachcare has no responsibility for the provision of the Prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative Prize or to take legal action to require the Prize supplier to provide the Prize.
- Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- If the Winner does not accept these Terms and Conditions the prize will be forfeited.