TimeOut connects generous holiday home owners who are willing to donate a stay in their property to people diagnosed with a terminal illness , providing gifted holiday experiences that change lives, create lasting memories and bring families and communities together for good.
- Donate your holiday home Turn your holiday home into a temporary sanctuary for people with terminal illness to relax and spend time with their family
- Connect with families Provide support for families bearing the pressures of dealing with a terminal illness, so they can find time and truly reconnect with each other
- Create timeless memories Help families of people with a life-threatening illness to spend time together and create lasting memories
Every year, more than 24,000 people and their families experience terminal illness in NZ. Beyond the immense grief and emotional toll these illnesses take on all they affect, they also impact our most precious resource; time. By gifting experiences away from home, we provide families with much-needed moments of relief, shared experiences and the opportunity to take a break from it all, spending time together. With over 50,000 holiday homes in New Zealand, we’re on a mission to get kiwi donors on-board, so we can all lend a hand to those who need it
Become a Donor
Our donors are at the heart of all we do. We are proud to have a growing community of generous donors, providing time in their homes and invaluable support to suffering families. If you’re considering becoming a donor, or looking to learn more, here’s some information on the donation process and what to expect.
Why TimeOut? The saying ‘the home is where the heart is’ couldn’t be more fitting when understanding the impact of a TimeOut donation. Through the charity, we provide generous donors with the opportunity to share an asset that is integral to their lives and in a way that sees it appreciate in value, through the love shared within its walls. This differs from financial donations to charities as it at a relatively low personal cost to the donor, while providing something incredibly valuable to the recipient.
How it works
We aim to make the sign-up and donation process as simple for our donors as possible.
- Donors register their holiday homes online (photos and details of property and its location), including information around availability and any request guidelines. Register here.
- A recipient submits an application for a TimeOut stay on the website.
- TimeOut verify the medical status of all applicants and confirms details of the entire group applying to stay at the property.
- The TimeOut team match booking requirements against available properties.
- If your holiday home is a potential match, the request is sent through to you for consideration.
- If the booking request is approved, TimeOut send an email to both the home owner & the recipient confirming the booking details, sharing contact details, and providing a template agreement between a provider and recipient of holiday accommodation.
- You can then block the dates on your calendar and add ‘timeout’ in your notes to help our team identify which properties we will be covering the cleaning for.